Pages

Sunday 17 July 2011

Expanding the Collection

The first few games pottering about playing some test games with the 'Lords of the Night' pre-constructed decks were fun and provided a good taster of how much I still love this game. Still, whilst some of the available pre-con decks will possibly do the trick for introducing some others to the game, they don't really compare to properly constructed decks of course, and for that I was going to need more cards.

On the basis that I really want to get playing properly again, I decided to expand the collection a little.

I searched about for some cards and found that there didn't seem to currently be that many suitable sellers in the UK with the sort of stock I was after. There seemed to be better deals available in the USA but my fear was that whilst I wanted to try to take advantage of some bulk-purchase deals, I may well get hit with a large customs charge if I shipped over too many to the UK at once.

Credit must therefore go to the girlfriend who found a sale going on over at www.vtes.de in Germany where they had started selling off their V:TES stock and had bulk quantities of boosters and starter decks.

Being in Europe, I wouldn't get hit with any nasty customs charges so that was a relief. They had a deal where you basically get 2 booster boxes for free if you are buying a batch of ten booster boxes. (there was also a smaller deal with 5 booster boxes) They also only seemed to charge €10 for shipping no matter how many boxes, so that sounded like a reasonable deal to me. :)

In the end I decided on going with the 10 x booster deal, along with a selection of some of the half starter boxes, seeking to gain knowledge of the different expansions that have been released since I stopped playing. Not all the expansions were still available but the ones I acquired should provide a reasonably good introduction to many of the latest expansions and drag me into the modern game perhaps, albeit kicking and screaming a little.

So, I have now expanded the collection with the following:


  • 1 x V:TES Black Hand Booster Display
  • 1 x V:TES Ebony Kingdom Booster Display
  • 2 x V:TES Gehenna Booster Display
  • 2 x V:TES KMW Booster Display
  • 1 x V:TES Lords of the Nights Booster Display
  • 1 x V:TES Nights of Reckoning Booster Display
  • 1 x V:TES Sword of Caine Booster Display
  • 1 x V:TES 3rd Edition Booster Display
  • 1 x V:TES Lords of the Nights Starter Display (4 different starters)
  • 1 x V:TES Legacies of Blood Starter Display (4 different starters)
  • 1 x V:TES KMW Starter Starter Display (4 different starters)
  • 1 x V:TES Keepers of Tradition Starter Display (4 different starters)
  • 1 x V:TES Black Hand Starter Display (4 different starters)
  • 1 x V:TES 3rd Edition Starter Display (4 different starters)
  • 2 x V:TES Blood Shadowed Court Collector Deck


No comments:

Post a Comment